Saturday, October 18, 2008

guys VI-VIII? getting over an ex is fun, and funny

So, getting over being cheated on can be a lot of fun, or kind of sad depending on how you take it and how much you care. Luckily, I did not care on this one, so it was AWESOME!!!

I had really fun guy friends my freshmen year. They were one the football team, so from all over the country and brought very different ideas to the table, but somehow, it always meshed into a whole lot of fun.

Two nights before the big Christmas dance, my best friend Jody and I joined the guys playing some dumb game that was honestly a lot of fun. By the end of the night, there was a kissing competition with Jody and I being the judges. The rules were that they had to take a tic tac and pass it from their mouth to yours, and then we would vote. Well, we each had a crush on guys in the room, so needless to say, there was a semi-final round. The rule? We would go out in the hall (remember this is in the dorms at 2AM) and kiss for one minute, then switch. Well, while I was kissing my crush, we were interrupted by some people after 58 seconds, so we had to do a rematch, and we never switched.

Then, the next night? I had a bunch of girls in my dorm doing masks for the big Christmas dance, and a knock knock knock at the door. It was this guy that I had spent a lot of time with when we first moved into the dorms, and we had gone out a couple of times. But, he believed that Mormons could not kiss, so nothing ever happened. Well, ironically we can, and he heard about the night before, so he asked if we could talk. I said yes, and we went into the side hall. Remember, I am doing a mask, so I have green mud all over my face. He says to me "I have heard about you," hands me a $20 bill and kisses me! I don't kiss him back, but I do keep the money. Later, he comes back more drunk than he had been before, and tries to kiss my roommate Jenny, who also has a mask on. She says she isn't me, he calls her a bad name, and a great guy on my floor punches him out. Jenny and I split the money and bought diet pills with it. They were very effective, but also made us kinda crazy, so we stopped.

Then next night was the Christmas dance.

The night after that? I went to a Fraternity formal with some guy I barely knew. It was not fun, plus, I was exhausted from a crazy awesome week, so I said I didn't feel well and went home. He didn't even walk me home, and I could have been killed. I wasn't but thanks for thinking of me. So, I called my good guy friend, the one from the bet. I went over to his dorm to watch Gladiator. One thing led to another and we ended up kissing. It was amazing. Even after all this time, that is still one of my favorite kisses of all time.

Then, we ended up falling asleep (I know, I know, don't ever sleep at a boy's house). It was unintentional. So in the morning, I wake up and have to go to the bathroom. I walk out, and lucky for me, there are some guys dressed to go to church with scriptures in their hands. I was in PJ's. I was still tired and so I went back to sleep for a while. When I was on my way out, guess who was back from church? The boys. Truly one of the more shameful walks of shame in history.

But that kiss? Wow! I wish Christmas break wouldn't have ruined it. But, as I have learned over and over again, if you are not in a serious relationship, your fling just won't span Christmas break.

Oh what a week.

No comments: