Sunday, October 5, 2008

III- Blank

Ah, my junior high crush. Because it was junior high, be prepared for some hilariously embarrassing stories that I am ashamed of to this day. Even now, I have apprehension about writing about this one. It was truly that embarrassing.

OK, here we go. His nickname, even at the time for my friends and I was Blank. He was the most popular boy in school and had great blond hair, cut into a bowl cut. I loved his hair, as did he. It was rumored that he got his hair cut every two weeks. I don't know what it was about him, because he wasn't actually kind, but I had the biggest crush on him ever.

Let's keep this one short, anyway, at Valentine's Day, my friends told me to leave him a secret admirer cookie on his doorstep, and shamefully, I did it. Oh, the embarrassment. For years to come, all my friend Sarah had to say was "big cookie" and I would turn beat red. Oh wow!

Then, one day, he got his hair cut, into a spiky cut, and that was it. After a full year of thinking he was perfect, the crush was over. I guess I really am that fickle. But, don't worry, for the rest of high school his friends would ask if I still had a crush on him. The answer was no, but I learned a valuable lesson about high school boys. They assume that if you ever had a crush on them, it will last forever. Just a side note to all high school boys, crushes end.

2 comments:

Whittron said...

fantastic, love that you have a blog.

Sara said...

haha gotta love the bowl cut! Still cracks me up!

BTW, our blog is saraplusmark.blogspot.com